Draft Conference Proceedings are available
These do not currently (June 2017) include peer reviewed conference papers, a final version of the proceedings is expected before the end of the summer, 2017.
Numeracy: A Critical Skill in Adult Education
Maynooth, Ireland, July 3rd – July 6th, 2016
Titles and Abstracts for all presentations, and most actual presentations are available.
Created with flickr slideshow.
The Three Day Conference Focused on the Following Themes:
- Numeracy: A Critical Skill in Adult Education.
- The Language of Mathematics, and Language and Mathematics.
- Adults Learning Mathematics: Research, Practice and Policy
We were delighted to welcome the following distinguished keynote speakers.
- Inez Bailey, Director of NALA, the National Adult Literacy Agency.
- Professor Raymond Flood, Gresham College.
- Professor Núria Planas, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Professor John O’Donoghue, Professor Emeritus University of Limerick.
- Professor Katherine Safford-Ramus, Saint Peter’s University, the Jesuit College of New Jersey
The following organisations provided funding towards ALM 23:
- 3U Partnership
- The Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Maynooth University
- Fáilte Ireland
- Maynooth University
- Meet in Ireland
- National Adult Literacy Agency
- The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- The Irish Mathematical Society