Maynooth, Ireland: July 3rd – July 6th, 2016
Numeracy: A Critical Skill in Adult Education
Created with flickr slideshow.
The Three Day Conference Focused on the Following Themes:
- Numeracy: A Critical Skill in Adult Education.
- The Language of Mathematics, and Language and Mathematics.
- Adults Learning Mathematics: Research, Practice and Policy
We were delighted to welcome the following distinguished keynote speakers.
- Inez Bailey, Director of NALA, the National Adult Literacy Agency.
- Professor Raymond Flood, Gresham College.
- Professor Núria Planas, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Professor John O’Donoghue, Professor Emeritus University of Limerick.
- Professor Katherine Safford-Ramus, Saint Peter’s University, the Jesuit College of New Jersey
Titles, Abstracts, and Presentations
Titles and Abstracts for all presentations, and most actual presentations are available.
Details on the conference proceedings are available.
The following organisations provided funding towards ALM 23:
- 3U Partnership
- The Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Maynooth University
- Fáilte Ireland
- Maynooth University
- Meet in Ireland
- National Adult Literacy Agency
- The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- The Irish Mathematical Society